Professor of Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery, Ain Shams University
- MBBCH, Ain-Shams University, 1981
- Master of general surgery, Ain-Shams University, 1985.
- Diploma of Microsurgical Research: Aix-Marseille University, France, 1989.
- Membership of the French College of Vascular Surgery, France,1990.
- DIS Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery: Rouen University, France, 1990.
- Diploma of Medical Statistics Applied on Clinical Research: CESAM, Paris VI University (Pierre et Marie Curie), 1990.
- Egyptian Society of Cardiology (1986).
- Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic surgery (founding member; 1992).
- International Society of Cardiovascular Surgery (1995).
- Egyptian Society of Vascular Surgery (Founding member; 1998).
- International society of cardiovascular surgery, MENA chapter 1991.
- European Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery (2010).
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons USA (2010).
- Cardiothoracic committee for promoting professors and assistant professor, Supreme council of Egyptian Universities (2013-2015).
- Pharmaco-economics committee, central administration of pharmaceutical affairs, Ministry of health, 2013- to date.
- Society annual award committee, Egyptian Society of Cardiology: 2013, 2014.
- Abstract evaluation committee of the annual meetings of the European association of cardiothoracic surgery: Italy 2014, Netherland 2015.
Journal editorial boards and reviewing activity
- Associate editor of the Bulletin of the Egyptian Society of Cardiothoracic Surgery, 1002-2009
- Statistical editor of the Egyptian Heart Journal (2011 - to date).
- Editor in Chief of Annals of Cardiothoracic Academy, 1995
- Reviewer: Journal of Cardiovascular Surgery 2015.